About Theo Sereebutra
Criminal Defense Attorney in Marietta
Theo Sereebutra has been practicing law for over 19 years in Georgia, over
a decade of which he spent practicing in the greater metro Atlanta area.
Prior to working in the field of
criminal defense, he spent approximately 7 years as a prosecuting attorney. Although he
has done civil work with an Atlanta litigation firm, he has focused primarily
on the field of criminal law.
Prior to moving into criminal defense, Attorney Sereebutra spent a number of years
working as a prosecutor, during which time he prosecuted a broad range of criminal offenses ranging
from misdemeanor DUI cases to murder trials and everything in between.
To this day, he uses his
"insider" knowledge to the greatest advantage of his criminal defense clients, and this experience
is priceless when it comes to negotiating reduced penalties and sentences
for his clients facing serious criminal charges.
Over the course of his career in criminal law, Attorney Sereebutra has
personally handled over 1,000 criminal cases. He has been the lead trial attorney in over 50 jury trials
involving serious crimes including:
He has represented clients at numerous probation revocation hearings, juvenile
trials, bond hearings, and he has litigated countless bench trials.
Attorney Sereebutra has a substantial amount of experience in complex pre-trial
motions where he
challenged illegal searches and seizures that were conducted by law enforcement. He has also handled a large number
of criminal appeals, many of which he successfully argued cases before
the Georgia Court of Appeals.
After prosecuting criminal cases for approximately 7 years, Attorney Sereebutra
realized his passion for defending the rights of the criminally accused.
He eventually went into private practice where he co-founded the
law firm of Henrickson & Sereebutra, LLC. Since going into criminal defense, he has handled criminal cases all
over the metro Atlanta area. While Attorney Sereebutra focuses primarily
on criminal defense, he also handles select wrongful death and personal
As a knowledgeable Marietta criminal defense lawyer, he has garnered a
reputation for being a meticulous and aggressive criminal defense attorney.
Between his experience as a former prosecutor and his experience as a
criminal defense attorney, he is a
formidable adversary in the courtroom. When he has unique cases involving clients who are facing criminal charges
that were also injured due to another's negligent actions, he is uniquely
qualified to handle these types of cases because of his civil litigation
Theo Sereebutra received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University
of the South in 1992. He later earned his Juris Doctorate law degree from
Emory University School of Law in 1996.
Areas of Practice
- 95% Criminal Defense and 5% Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice is Devoted to Litigation
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia 1996 J.D.
- University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 1992 B.A.
- Varsity Soccer Team, two time Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Selection
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- The Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Federal Court of the Northern District of Georgia
- Paulding County Bar Association
Previous Employment Positions
- Paulding Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney from 2002 – 2005
- Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins, Litigation Association from 2000 – 2001
- Tallapoosa Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney 1999-2000 and 2001-2002
- Waycross Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney from 1997 to 1998