Attorney Theo Sereebutra
Former Prosecutor Backed by Experience on Both Sides of the Courtroom
For nearly two decades, Theo Sereebutra has been practicing law in Georgia.
Prior to working in the field of
criminal defense, he spent approximately 7 years as a prosecuting attorney. Although he
has experience handling civil law matters, he focuses majority of his
practice on criminal law. While Attorney Sereebutra focuses primarily
on criminal defense, he also handles select wrongful death and personal
As a knowledgeable defense lawyer, he has garnered a reputation for meticulous
and aggressive criminal defense. Between his experience as a former prosecutor
and his experience as a criminal defense attorney, he is a
formidable adversary in the courtroom. Over the course of his career in criminal law, Attorney Sereebutra has
personally handled over 1,000 criminal cases. He has been the lead trial attorney in over 50 jury trials
involving serious crimes including:
His Former Role as a Prosecutor
Prior to moving into criminal defense, Attorney Sereebutra workedas a prosecutor, handling a broad range of criminal offenses ranging from misdemeanor
DUI cases to murder trials. Today, he uses his
"insider" knowledge to defend his clients, allowing him to negotiate reduced penalties and
sentences for his clients facing serious criminal charges. Additionally,
he has represented clients at numerous probation revocation hearings,
juvenile trials, bond hearings, and he has litigated countless bench trials.
Attorney Sereebutra has a substantial amount of experience in complex pre-trial
motions where he
challenged illegal searches and seizures that were conducted by law enforcement. He has also handled a large number
of criminal appeals, many of which he successfully argued cases before
the Georgia Court of Appeals.
After prosecuting criminal cases for approximately 7 years, Attorney Sereebutra
realized his passion for defending the rights of the criminally accused.
He eventually went into private practice where he co-founded the
law firm of Henrickson & Sereebutra.
Areas of Practice
- 95% Criminal Defense and 5% Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice is Devoted to Litigation
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia 1996 J.D.
- University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 1992 B.A.
- Varsity Soccer Team, two time Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Selection
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- The Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Federal Court of the Northern District of Georgia
- Paulding County Bar Association
Previous Employment Positions
- Paulding Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney from 2002 – 2005
- Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins, Litigation Association from 2000 – 2001
- Tallapoosa Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney 1999-2000 and 2001-2002
- Waycross Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney from 1997 to 1998